By Tarek N. Saadawi and Mostafa H. Ammar , with Ahmed El Hakeem
"Dear sir or madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write will you take a look?" --- Lennon and McCartney
in "Paperback Writer"
Published by John Wiley and Sons Inc.
as part of
the Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing
ISBN: 0-471-51582-5, September 1994, 485p.
Currently in its third printing.
See review in April 1995 issue of IEEE Communications Magazine
This book was designed to function as a practical introduction to the core
concepts, techniques, and methodologies underlying developments in the
field of telecommunication networks.
Outline of Book:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Networks
- Chapter 2: Data Communication Principles
- Chapter 3: Queueing Sysytems
- Chapter 4: The Data Link Layer and X.25
- Chapter 5: Routing in Packet Switched Networks
- Chapter 6: Flow and Congestion Control
- Chapter 7: Multiple Access Communication Protocols
- Chapter 8: Local Area Network Protocols and Standards
- Chapter 9: Network Interconnection
- Chapter 10: Transport Protocols
- Chapter 11: Integrated Services Digital Networks
- Chapter 12: Switching Techniques and Fast Packet Switching
here for the errata sheets.